Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How Unexpected Change and Shifts in Energy Affect Us All

Since everything is made up of a form of energy, everything affects us. Color, music, and the subtle shift of one's emotions.

Children are very sensitive to shifts in energy that's why parents work so hard on trying to keep their kids on a routine. A routine keeps the energy in their lives somewhat consistent. But when that routine is broken, and the energy they are used too shifts, confusion and worry enter the household.

Last week, my children's routine was taken over by an unexpected 4 day snow and ice storm. Well, the storm was only for a day, but the aftermath lasted four days in my house.

The first day, all of my kids were jumping for joy. The excitement of knowing they didn't have school could be felt across the country. But then, the worry of "will there be school tomorrow" flooded my son Jake's mind. Tears and whining flooded his innocent soul. For three days, he whined. His emotional-self couldn't handle the unexpected change in routine. Then my son Josh picked up on Jake's whimpering energy and he too jumped in on the fun of whining. For another three days, my house was filled with two boys whining. Then, yesterday, one day before my children's normal routine was about to start again, my little girl walked out of her dance class, looked into my eyes, and said, "Mommy, I don't know why, but I want to cry." She too fell prey to the energy whining virus that swept through my house when my children's routine was unexpectedly changed.

Take a moment and think about how the shift in someone's emotions affects you. Or how the news of the outcome of a sporting event affects you. Or how just whistling calms you. Or how just wearing the color orange brightens your life. We all affect each other, as does unexpected events.

Think positive! And remember, not only kids are sensitive to unexpected change, but we adults are too!

Smile today,

Melissa
http://www.melissamoraja.com/
http://www.melissaproductions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment