Friday, February 11, 2011

Five Tips to Get Out of Your Funk! It's Time to Ditch The Pity Me State of Mind

Okay, enough is enough with the negativity. Can't we all just be happy? What a concept! Sounds simple, but in this day and age people are really having a difficult time seeing the positive in life. I know so many people who are living in 'fear' afraid of listening, and for that matter following, their own intuition.

I know what it's like to get fired. I know what it's like to be living off of your savings. I know what it's like to wonder how you are going to afford to pay your rent or mortgage. But you know something, I never gave up. I held on to hope. I held on to my vision. And I kept perservering.

First thing is first. You have to change your mindset. Unless you have the right mindset, doors--I'm talking about opportunities--will not present themselves. And if they do, you may not recognize them.

Second, get out of the house. The longer you mope around in your pity me state of mind, the longer you'll be in your funk.

Third, stop whining! I don't know a soul whose life is perfect. We all have stuff. We all have our ups and downs. We all have our challenges. Yes, many of us need to vent and it's healthy to vent. But vent in a positive way. Instead of saying, "My life sucks," and "My life is over," and "Nothing good ever happens in my life," say, "Boy, that really sucked, but shit happens and I have my friends, health, and potential still!"

Fourth, smile! Smiling is a powerful tool to get those happy endorphins circulating in yours and other peoples bodies.

Lastly, every person you meet, discover three positive qualities about them. And ask yourself, why have I attracted this person into my life. What lesson am I learning. What mirror of myself are they reflecting.

Light, Love and Laughter

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment