Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day! I Was Nominated For The Liebster Blog Award!

So this awesome blogging mom named Taylor of Mom and Monster Blog gave me the Liebster blog award a few days ago! And I'm excited! It's my first blog award!


The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:

 
    No tag back! But PLEASE leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you! And I would love it if you followed my blog! Thanks, Melissa, mom of four.
 
Here are eleven facts about me!
  1. I've written and illustrated seven children's books and three self-help books.
  2. I have four beautiful, funny children! They make me laugh every second of every day. I have a 10 year old boy, 8 1/2 year old boy/girl twins, and a 1 year old.
  3. My twin daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes November 4, 2011 when she was 7 years old. And honestly, this disease sucks! To a CURE!
  4. I achieved summa cum laude ranking for my undergraduate degree (finance) and graduate degree (marketing).
  5. I worked as a Global Marketing Program Manager for ibm.com (IBM).
  6. I coached kids t-ball, soccer and fast pitch softball. And I hope I'll be able to coach my grandkids! Of course I have quite a few years before that will ever happen. To a healthy body and lifestyle!
  7. Please please checkout my website. I'm trying to build awareness for these educational splaterrific characters-Splatter and Friends-The Guardians of the Prism-so I can pitch them as a children's television show. Thank you!
  8. I built my own website www.melissaproductions.com. And now I'm trying to teach myself how to animate. Crazy hard.
  9. I grew up in Bedford, New Hampshire. I miss my family alot. My three sisters, mom, dad, grandmother, cousins, etc still live in NH and Mass. I hope someday I'll be able to have a second home there.
  10. I met my husband at a bar in Chicago. Isn't that just unbelievable? I was hoping that I would have met him in Italy or Paris. LOL
  11. I have a gift of being able to see the future--I've been a professional psychic medium since I was 21 years old. And yes, I'm as normal and down-to-earth as they come. Wish others saw it as just part of our human ability and didn't get so freaked out about it. www.melissamoraja.com.


Here are the question. Please use these for the questions to answer if I nominated you! Thanks
  1. What are you doing when you're the happiest? I'm out playing sports with my children and creating stories with them.
  2. Where is the one place that you're dying to go? I would love to go back to Italy. But this time I want to share it with my mom, dad and my kids. I love Italy! It has so much history. And the food is exquisite!
  3. What got you to start blogging?
    I wanted to share what it's like being a psychic, educated mom who is married to a southern corporate executive while raising intuitive kids in a traditional society. Although, quite often I write about what I'm passionate  about at that moment in time. 
  4. What does your blog name mean? I truly am not your ordinary psychic mom. I'm a mom entrepreneur with two traditional degrees, a corporate background, who loves to play and coach sports. I'm married to a southern gentleman who calls sneakers tennis shoes. I hate doing dishes and laundry even though I have to do them daily. I love imagining and pretending just like my kids. I'd prefer the latest and greatest techy gadget over flowers and perfume. And I'm raising my kids to leverage their senses.
  5. What is your favorite book and why?
    As a mom entrepreneur, writer, and illustrator, I have to say mine-although I did really like the Hunger Games and I'm a big fan of the Percy Jackson series and I love Dr. Suess! For preschoolers definitely Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight Baby Blue . It's sweet, has sight words and helps them clear all the memories of their day. For elementary aged kids my humor modern fantasy books. For girls the first book in the Madison and GA (My Guardian Angel) series which teaches them they don't have to be perfect. And for boys the second book in the Jakes Adventures series which teaches them about family, including siblings, and problem-solving.
  6. Who is your favorite person in the world, and why? My mom. She is one of the sweetest most understanding people I know. She truly is a mom--always giving, loving, and sharing.
  7. What's the perfect Saturday to you? Waking up, having breakfast with my children and heading out for a day of watching them play sports.
  8. What do you want your kids (present/future) to remember about you?
    I hope they remember how much I loved them and how important I thought it was to accept and treat everyone the way they wanted to be treated.
  9. What is the best memory you have of your own parents (or whoever raised you)?They always helped anyone, even a stranger, if they were in need. My parents are very loving and giving.
  10. What's something that you never get tired of? Getting hugs and kisses from my kids!
  11. What's your weirdest habit? Oh boy! This is a really embarrassing question. My weirdest habit? Hmm. Maybe licking the butter knife.

Now my nominees! Hooray! Just a heads up. I couldn't find some of your follower counts, so I apologize if you're over the 200 limit! Great blogs no matter what.

Lastly, my questions for the nominees!
  1. If you could do anything for a career, what would you do?
  2. If you could live anywhere, where would you live, and why?
  3. What is your greatest accomplishment?
  4. What do you enjoy writing/blogging about the most?
  5. What is the one cause that is near and dear to your heart, and why?
  6. What is your favorite animal, and why?
  7. Which is your favorite blog, and why?
  8. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
  9. What is the one thing you hope your children have learned from you?
  10. If you could, how would you change the world?
  11. What makes you laugh?
  12.  
 

2 comments:

Alex Kyle said...

Hi Melissa, Thank you so much for the support to my very new blog and for the nomination. I have answered your questions in today's blog post on my blog. p.s. I very much enjoy reading your blog!
http://everydaylifeandbeauty.blogspot.com/

Aanie @ The Active Mum said...

Hi Melissa! Thank you for stopping by and following The Active Mum! I have returned the follow via FB and Bloglovin' :)

Sounds like your a very busy Mommy of four and a children's writer too! Wow - I definitely look forward to reading more.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Aanie x

Post a Comment