Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ten Reasons Why I Love The Fall!

Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons. And below are my top ten and one extra!

  1. People are more giving! With so many holidays and joyful music filling the stores, people are much more positive and courteous. And I love being with happy people! If only they could be year round.
    My son's soccer team supports Breast Cancer Awareness
  2. The autumn colors are breathtaking. Orange is one of my favorite colors and in the fall this color is everywhere. You drive by houses and you see pumpkin's. The leaves are burnt orange. Even many treats and goodies are orange. Orange symbolizes parties, creativity, fun, celebration and more! It's a lively color and encourages smiles and giggles.
  3.  
  4. The coolness of the air entices me to want to snuggle and cuddle. My four kids love to snuggle and cuddle. Especially when watching an entertaining holiday G or PG movie. And in the fall, I'm more eager to make the time. And Because it is getting darker earlier, I'm able to put my two year old to bed earlier, giving me more mommy time!                                   
  5. The smell of baked desserts. Tis the season for freshly baked apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies. And of course we can't forget about carmel coated apples and pumpkin cheese bars and chocolate chip cookies and fudge brownies and peanut butter cookies! Checkout my Pinterest for lots of fun recipes pins!

     
  1. Family Fall Festivals! Just last weekend we went to Aw Schucks Farm and Corn Maze and took lots of pictures of the kids racing through a corn maze, running on top of haystacks, crawling through pumpkin patches, and petting sheep and cows. I think the best part for them is drinking fresh apple cider and taking a bite out of a juicy carmel apple loaded with crunchy nuts.
     
    My son and I are in the barrel, racing my twins. We won!
  2.  
  3. Football season. This is the first year one of my son's is playing football. I was petrified at first. Especially when my sister-n-law told me that there is a 100% injury rate. But my son is loving playing and I'm really enjoying watching him. But that's not the only football I enjoy! I love going to a local grill and pub for lunch with the family, ordering a spicey bloody mary and watching NFL football.
     
    Josh is Red #88, tackling the other team.
     
     
  4. Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love dressing up and my kids do too. For the past two years, I've put together a Kids Haunted Halloween Costume Party, decorating the outside of my house with skeletons and tombstones and then loading my basement with animated halloween electronics. 
     
     
  5.  
     
  6. Making piles of leaves with my kids and jumping in them. My kids and I rake the leaves into big piles every year, take all the pointy sticks out and jump in them. This makes for great fall pictures!
  7. Holiday crafts. My kids and I love making arts and crafts. Here are some wine glasses that I've painted. I've also posted on Pinterest lots of fun craft ideas you can do with your children this fall.
  8. Carving pumpkins. Carving pumpkins is a holiday tradition for us. We try to find the largest most cost effective pumpkins we can. This year we purchased two at Harris Teeter grocery store. In the past we've picked them out at pumpkin patches. From the pumpkins, we enjoy roasting the pumpkin seeds and then making scary faces and designs.
    • I have a real simple roasted pumpkin seed recipe. I preheat the oven to 350. As it's preheating, I scatter the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet. Then I lightly salt them, sometimes I even salt them with garlic salt adding a little more of a zing. Once the oven is preheated, I put the cookie sheet in and about ten minutes later the seeds are ready to be eaten. They seeds should be lightly brown. Not dark brown.
And this FALL I have my newest Wunderkind Family modern-fantasy children's chapter book that will be available for sale November 15th! Hope you will check it out!  http://www.thewunderkindfamily.com

Available on Amazon for pre-order
 
 
 
 
 
 


    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment