Monday, September 29, 2014

Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf (Santa's Izzy Elves #4) Book Review

I was given an e-copy of this children's book for my honest review, which I've shared below.

Title: Frizzy the S.A.D. Elf (Santa’s Izzy Elves #4) |  Author: Dorothea Jensen  |  Illustrator: Shayne Hood  |Publication Date: August 2, 2014 | Publisher: Independent | Pages: 34 | Recommended Ages: 4 to 10


My Book Review:

The author did a wonderful job with creating such an entertaining holiday rhyming story for children to enjoy! The illustrations are simple and compliment the story. 

I'm not a hundred percent sure what lesson the author was trying to teach. At first, I thought it was how easy it is for people to get attached to their creations. I know I do! I have the hardest time selling my hand painted wine glasses. But once I do, it brings so much joy to me to see someone else really appreciating my creative art piece. In this story, the solution in the end, didn't reflect that. Instead, Frizzy got to keep one of her dolls.


Even though there wasn't a clear learning lesson, it still is such a cute rhyming story that brings a different spin to one of Santa's elves lives. Kids love Christmas stories! Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf is a great Christmas gift!


Santa’s Izzy Elves have won a number of literary awards.  Dizzy, the Stowaway Elf received Honorable Mention in the 2014 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards and has been Story Book Approved.  Plus, the e-book editions of Tizzy, the Christmas Shelf Elf and Blizzy, the Worrywart Elf both received the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award, honoring “the best in family-friendly media”.

Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf is available for purchase

Amazon (Paperback)  | Amazon (Kindle) |  Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment